7025 Harbour View Blvd Ste 119
Suffolk, VA 23435
At a LivingWorks safeTALK workshop, you’ll learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs, engaging someone, and connecting them to an intervention resource for further support.
A skilled, supportive trainer will guide you through the course, and a community resource will be on hand to support your safety and comfort.
Date: July 25th, 2023
Time: 9:00am-12:30pm (EST)
Location: Harborview Mental Health Center – 7025 Harbour View Blvd, Suite 119, Suffolk, VA 23435
Trainer: Caitlyn Shieler, Charlene Cutting
Like all of LivingWorks’ core programs, LivingWorks safeTALK is evidence-based. Here’s what over 15 peer-reviewed reports and government studies on LivingWorks safeTALK found:
- Improves participant skills and readiness
- Safe for participants, with no adverse effects from training
- Effective for participants as young as 15 years old
- Helps break down suicide stigma in the community
- Better skill retention compared to other connector programs
LivingWorks safeTALK participants learn to recognize when someone is thinking about suicide and connect them to an intervention provider, such as an LivingWorks ASIST participants.
In this way, LivingWorks safeTALK participants build a safety network around these intervention providers and greatly increase their reach and impact.