Western Tidewater CSB Substance Abuse Services
Western Tidewater CSB’s extensive Substance Abuse Services are more than just recovery-oriented treatments – they provide the healing and hope necessary to make positive life changes.
We are here to advocate for each individual’s well-being by guiding them through the steps of recovery – uncovering every rock in the river along the way.
From medical detox services to group and individual counseling, we help individuals develop the skills, confidence, and hope necessary to effect positive personal changes.
Let’s move forward, together.
Substance Abuse Counseling
WTCSB uses integrated substance use & mental health person-centered treatment to help individuals develop skills and confidence. Both individual and group therapy for substance abuse are available.
- Helps individuals develop skills and confidence to meet daily living needs
- Individual and group therapy
- Pregnant substance abuse users are provided priority treatment services within 48 hours
- Injecting drug users are provided priority treatment services within 14 days
- Promotes community integration and increase community living skills
- Provides increased opportunities to access community resources
- Promotes the use of resources available to the general public
- Assists individuals and the support systems in accessing needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, and other supports essential to meeting basic needs
To participate in the program, the individual must:
- Be ambulatory, have a low risk for withdrawal complications
- Have a strong support system of family members/significant others
- Be free of severe physical and psychiatric complications
- Report to the program Monday – Friday for medical monitoring and treatment groups
- Medications can assist the individual in making the transition from substance abuse/dependence to abstinence.
- Pregnant substance abuse users are provided priority treatment within 48 hours and injecting drug users are provided priority treatment services within 14 days.
Youth Substance Abuse Treatment (YSAT)
The YSAT program is a fourteen session treatment plan for ages 16-25 experiencing substance-related issues.
- Utilizes elements of cognitive-behavioral therapy
- 10 individual sessions with adolescent
- 4 sessions with caregiver (2 individually plus 2 with the caregiver and adolescent)
State Opioid Response (SOR)
The mission of the State Opioid Response (SOR) is to reduce the impact of substance misuse in America’s communities through community resources, policies, treatment and support.
The WTCSB provides recovery services to improve the individual, community, and public health including:
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Intensive case management
- Peer support
- Medication-assisted treatment
Potential clients need to have current/past drug opioid use (substance dependency), desire and motivation to actively engage in recovery, and be willing to attend therapy.
Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP)
- Court-mandated program for DUI offenders and first time drug offenders
- ASAP aims to improve safety by working to prevent recidivism by those arrested for driving while under the influence (DUI) of alcohol and/or drugs
- This program operates through group counseling, psychoeducation, and substance screening
Ready to get started?
Who We Are
Western Tidewater CSB is the leading authority in mental health and developmental services in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, and Southampton County. Learn more about what truly sets us apart.