Mental Health Counseling for Children & Teens
Few things hurt a parent more than to see their child suffering, and it’s devastating to feel like you can’t help. We know that you want what’s best for your child but sometimes you may not be sure what that is. You just know that you don’t want your child to struggle anymore. If you’re looking for answers, we can help. We offer several services specifically designed to give children and teens the treatment, resources, and support they need to recover and heal, so they can move forward.
If you or someone you love is experiencing a psychological emergency, please contact our crisis line 24/7 at (757) 925-2484
Our counseling program helps children and teens with a variety of concerns, including:
- Academic or behavior problems at school
- Involvement in the juvenile justice system
- Behavioral problems at home
- Social anxiety and struggles with making friends
- Grief: Handling a divorce or other loss in the family
- Dealing with changes (divorce, moving, remarriage, new school, etc.)
- Managing big emotions
- Excessive anxiety or sadness
- Unique concerns for children and teens who have autism
- Unique concerns for children and teens who have an intellectual or developmental disability.
- Relationships with others and total family wellness and functioning
- Other mental and emotional health concerns
Our counselors go into treating each patient with equal parts expertise and compassion. By learning as much as they can about your child and recognizing and respecting their own unique needs, strengths and opportunities, and continuing to learn throughout the process, they’re able to shape a plan that will help your child to understand and manage their feelings, process and accept change, and address the root of their issues.
We also offer family counseling and Family Functioning Therapy, an intentionally designed program that helps families with youth involved in the juvenile justice system.
FAQs About Counseling
Substance Abuse Services
Intellectual & Developmental Services
We provide integrated services and relief for multiple mental health needs, support for individuals with developmental disabilities, and substance abuse help.
Same Day Access
Who We Are
Western Tidewater CSB is the leading authority in mental health and developmental services in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, and Southampton County. Learn more about what truly sets us apart.