Western Tidewater CSB Adult Services
At Western Tidewater CSB, we believe that the purpose of life is life with a purpose. We offer relief and hope to adults in our community through a coordinated system of high-quality, recovery-oriented care.
Whether it’s immediate crisis intervention, private individual therapy, or ongoing rehabilitative services, Wester Tidewater CSB is there with the support you need – exactly when you need it.
We provide so much more than just treatment for mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance abuse – our wrap-around approach to care also advocates for each individual by providing the treatment, skills, confidence, and well-being needed to achieve a healthy and productive life.
Let’s move forward, together.
Mental Health Counseling
Adult Mental Health at WTCSB is person centered treatment that helps individuals develop skills and confidence.
Adult Case Management services are intended to promote community integration and increase community living skills to ensure they have the supports essential to meeting basic needs.
Basic supports include:
- Other supports essential to meeting basic needs
Regional Education Assessment Crisis Services Habilitation (REACH) is a crisis response program for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Regional crisis line: 1-888-255-2989
- Supports those at risk of homelessness, incarceration, hospitalization, and/or danger to self or others
- 24/7/365 mobile crisis response by Master’s level clinicians
- Training for the individual’s system of support to include family and providers
- The ultimate goal is to support the least restrictive level of care necessary while striving to keep individuals stable within their home community
Extends across Region V including:
- Eastern Shore
- Hampton-Newport News
- Middle Peninsula-Northern Neck
- Virginia Beach
- Western Tidewater
Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT)
Services intended for those:
- With co-occurring substance use disorders
- Are experiencing homelessness
- Are at risk of becoming homeless
WTCSB has partnered with the VA to implement areas of the Clay Hunt SAV Act by providing a new Peer Support and Community Outreach Program.
This groundbreaking pilot project is the first of its kind in the nation and providing services to:
- Transitioning service members
- National Guard
- Veterans who are not yet connected to VA services
Tidewater Cove (Assisted Living Facility)
Tidewater Cove is a 65 Licensed Assisted Living Facility in the City of Suffolk with specialized behavioral supports for seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Individual and Group Therapy
Life Management Program (LMP)
Life Management Program (LMP) provides service and support for young people ages 16-25 experiencing a first episode of psychosis (FEP).
- Employ a multi-disciplinary approach
- Active coaching
- Supportive intervention
- Occurring in clinic, community, school, home & work setting
- The overall goal is to transition an individual to least restrictive services to enhance independent functioning.
We offer an array of center-based medical and associated nursing services in conjunction with case management/care coordination.
Medical services focus is on:
- Pharmacological evaluation
- Treatment, management
- Monitoring of DSM V disorders
Psycho-Social Rehabilitation (PSR)
PSR serves individuals recovering from the impact of mental illness. The Tidewater House provides a safe and supportive environment with opportunities for rehabilitation.
- Staff & members design a plan to achieve personal recovery
- A supportive environment where members take part in recovery-oriented activities
Mental Health Skill Building (MHSS)
Recipients learn and practice skills important to:
- Psychiatric stability
- Independent living
- Become a productive member of the community
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support Team (BIRST)
BIRST is a community-based support program serving individuals with Brain Injuries, Neurocognitive Disorders, and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Gero Community Stabilization Program (GCST)
GCST is an interdisciplinary team supporting adults aged 65+ with dementia, Alzheimer’s, or serious mental illness in jeopardy of being hospitalized, incarcerated, or homeless.
Ready to get started?
Who We Are
Western Tidewater CSB is the leading authority in mental health and developmental services in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, and Southampton County. Learn more about what truly sets us apart.