Western Tidewater CSB Intellectual & Developmental Disability Services
Our comprehensive Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services is more than treatment-based services – it’s a complete wrap-around care system that advocates independence, well-being, and community integration confidence.
From 24/7-crisis intervention, comprehensive case management, respite care opportunities, and more – Western Tidewater CSB provides more than intellectual and developmental disability care to individuals in our community – our full range of support offers individuals a community of hope when they need it most.
Let’s move forward, together.
Regional Educational Assessment Crisis Services Habilitation (REACH) is a 24-hour crisis stabilization program supporting individuals who have an intellectual and/or developmental disability and are experiencing crisis events.
- Regional crisis line: 1-888-255-2989
- Supports those at risk of homelessness, incarceration, hospitalization, and/or danger to self or others
- 24/7/365 mobile crisis response by Master’s level clinicians
- Training for the individual’s system of support to include family and providers
- The ultimate goal is to support the least restrictive level of care necessary while striving to keep individuals stable within their home community
Extends across Region V including:
- Eastern Shore
- Hampton-Newport News
- Middle Peninsula-Northern Neck
- Virginia Beach
- Western Tidewater
ID/DD Case Management
Case Management ensures that individuals with intellectual or developmental receive the needed support that is essential to meeting basic needs.
Service & supports include:
The WTCSB Day Support Services Program is a non-residential, structured program of activity and/or training for adults with intellectual disabilities with the goal to maximum independence.
Individual and small group instruction opportunities for:
- Peer interactions
- Community integration
- Adaptive skills through integrated day activities
- Supports that ensure each individual’s health and safety
- Overnight staff responds to the health, medical and behavioral needs of residents
- Referrals may come from WTCSB’s Intellectual Disability Case Managers and from other CSBs
Respite provides short-term, time-limited periods of care of an individual for the purpose of providing relief to the individual’s unpaid caregiver.
- Respite services may be necessary due to an emergency absence of the caregiver or for routine/periodic relief for the caregiver.
Adult Mental Health Counseling
Individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability need a counselor that understands them and the unique challenges they face. WTCSB can help.
Ready to get started?
We provide integrated services and relief for multiple mental health needs, support for individuals with developmental disabilities, and substance abuse help.
Same Day Access
Who We Are
Western Tidewater CSB is the leading authority in mental health and developmental services in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, and Southampton County. Learn more about what truly sets us apart.